We protect physician, healthcare provider and business associate conversations when it comes to (ePHI) electronic patient health information.
- We provide verified users a secure network to communicate.
Meaning: you own your data and share it with who you choose.
- We do not monitor or “scrape” healthcare user information or data.
Meaning: we offer a compliant platform that encrypts all electronic patient health information (ePHI).
- We do not sell your data and we provide availability.
Meaning: we allow you to communicate online or on a mobile device using a software as service model (SaaS).
Protecting your privacy, security and identity is our commitment to you. Our goal is to maintain compliance with privacy standards so our visitors may comfortably and safely use the Portal to obtain healthcare information, collaborate and connect within the industry. Protecting your information and being transparent about the ways we use it is one of the Mediprocity’s core commitments.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Website and through the Portal.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us.
- Through mobile applications you download from us.
- From public sources to provide public information for our healthcare provider directory.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any website operated by any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from our Website or any software you may subscribe to or use that integrates with the Portal.
Your use of the Portal may also be governed by our Terms of Service, found on our website, and our End User License Agreement, when provided to you, each of which is incorporated herein by reference.
What Information We Collect
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Portal, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually may not identify you, such as a username or credential information; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Portal, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through our Website and Portal. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through web logs, cookies, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners, including your organization, service providers, public databases, and other users of the Portal.
Registration and Verification
In order to fully register and use the Portal, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. You will need to verify your identity, which requires communicating with a Mediprocity live help-desk member to activate your profile. We take our verification process seriously so that we can ensure that users of the Portal, especially healthcare providers, are who they say they are. Once you have been fully verified, you will be given full access to the entire Portal, until then, we may permit you to use it in a limited access role. If you will not verify your identity, we may refuse to activate your profile and close your account.
Non-Prescribers: Upon registering for a non-prescriber account, you will also be asked to provide the following information: full name, e-mail address, username, mobile phone number, zip code, credentials, and name of your company or organization. Non-prescribers must either be sponsored by a company or organization to use the Portal or set up their own account and act as their own super-admin. Your profile will be verified and associated with the company organization that sponsors you. The mobile phone number and e-mail address are not displayed to the public and are never shared or used by any third parties. Mediprocity only collects and maintains this information in order to verify users and validate their accounts when they request updated credentials.
Once your profile is set up, you may add more information such as profile photo, other interests, work and education, hospital affiliation, awards and publications, and a biography. All of this information you provide voluntarily and is accessible to anyone who is also a verified member of the Mediprocity network.
Information Collected from Users
The information we collect on or through our Website and Portal may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms prior to registering on our Portal or in submitting an employment application.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us, including to make inquiries about the Portal, to request customer support, to communicate with us via email or social media sites, and to report problems with the Website or Portal to us.
The Portal may contain interactive features and communication tools that allow you to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Portal to be transmitted to other users of the Portal or third parties. Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you post, and you, not Mediprocity, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness. We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Portal.
Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. Any User Contributions are also subject to our Terms of Service. We urge you to consider the sensitivity of any information prior to posting or sharing it publicly or with other users.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website and Portal, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address or other device addresses or ID numbers as well as browser type, Internet service provider, URLs of referring/exit pages on our Website, operating system, date/time stamp, information that you search for, your locale and language preferences, your mobile carrier, and system configuration information.
The information we collect automatically is used only to help us continually modify and tailor the Website based on use patterns and, except for employment applications which are voluntarily submitted to us, is not linked to any personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
Information that We Collect from Other Sources
Information from third parties: We may obtain information, including personal information, from our business partners and service providers. This information includes, but is not limited to, information that we receive from our direct marketing providers, product referrals, and other interactions. If we use this information to provide you with opportunities that we think may be of interest to you, you will have the ability to inform us that you do not wish to receive such offers, and you may unsubscribe from our marketing and other email communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email to opt-out.
Information provided by other individuals: While using the Portal, individuals may provide information (including personal information) about another individual, or an account administrator or other authorized user creating an account on your behalf may provide information about you. If you provide us with information about another individual, you represent and warrant that you have permission and authority to do so on behalf of the other individual. Please contact us immediately at [email protected] if you become aware that an individual has provided us with personal information about you or another individual without being authorized to do so.
Information from our customers: Our customers and their designated users use our Portal, in particular the Messaging, Forms and SureSent modules, to communicate and transfer information in a secure setting as well as maintain secure information for retention. While using the Portal, our customers may create, input, submit, post, upload, transmit, or store personal information that they have collected from individuals. During the course of our business relationship, we may need to access a customer’s account and the information it contains to provide support for the Portal and our services. Unlike the other collections of information described in this section, our agreements with customers, including the End User License, our Terms of Service, and our Business Associate Agreement, include specific protections and limitations regarding our access to and use of personal information collected by customers.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To administer, operate, maintain, improve, and secure our Portal and its contents to you for your access and use.
- To provide customer service and support and communicate with your comments, questions, and requests.
- To provide you with information that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account and contact you regarding account-related issues and business communications relating to the Portal, including technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or Portal, including any services we offer or provide though it.
- To educate and train our workforce.
- To develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Portal.
- To provide direct, first-party marketing, email, and other distributed information distribution.
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Portal.
- To investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Portal, and other illegal activities.
- To verify compliance with our internal policies and procedures.
- To comply with, and demonstrate our compliance with, our legal obligations, including, but not limited to, tax and financial reporting requirements; applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations; incident monitoring, reporting, assessment, and notification requirements; and other federal, state, and international laws and regulations.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
With Whom Your Information May be Shared
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Mediprocity’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Mediprocity about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the invitation feature of our Portal, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipient(s).
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service or End User License Agreement, and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, safety, security, or integrity of Mediprocity, our products, our customers, or others.
- To respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person; or
- To investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations.
When your account is accessed by your organization’s designated Mediprocity administrator, your Mediprocity account owners and administrators may be able to:
- Access information in and about your account;
- Disclose, restrict, or access information that you have provided or that is made available to you when using your account, including your content and User Contributions; and
- Control how your Mediprocity account may be configured, accessed, or deleted or archived.
We may disclose aggregated, anonymized, deidentified, or otherwise non-personal information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your information.
You may decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Portal or fulfill your requests. For example, we need your email address to authenticate you and perform account services such as password resets, or to provide you with customer support.
You may update or correct your personal information at any time by accessing the account settings page on the Website or within the Portal. For added security the Mediprocity help desk team must approve any changes on your profile to protect your identity.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Mediprocity by using the unsubscribe link within each email. Note that, as long as you maintain an account with us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Portal.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website or Portal, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website and Portal, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms of Service.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We host our data within an environment that complies with ISO 27001, SOC 2, HITRUST, and applicable legal and regulatory requirements such as HIPAA.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website and Portal, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Portal.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or Portal. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or Portal.
We retain your personal information only as long as necessary to accomplish the business purpose for which it was collected, to comply with our legal and contractual obligations, or to meet HIPAA retention requirements, which may be as long as 10 years, and then securely dispose of the personal information.
Our Website and the Portal are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Website or Portal. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or the Portal or through any of their features, register on the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at [email protected].
Notification of Changes
How to Contact Us